Cleansing sweet beetroot juice
Fresh beetroot juice is a powerful food for the liver. It contains an antioxidant called betacyanin that helps prevent the formation of cancerous tumors and also detoxifies the body of all harmful toxins.
Other benefits of drinking beetroot juice
- Beets are particularly beneficial to women whom are pregnant, as the vitamin B and iron are very beneficial to new growth cells during pregnancy and replenishing iron in the woman’s body.
- Beets contain betaine, the same substance that is used in certain treatments of depression. It also contains trytophan, which relaxes the mind and creates a sense of well-being, similar to chocolate.
- Drinking beet juice regularly helps to utilize the calcium in the body and promotes healthy skin and hair growth. It strengthens the bones and may be beneficial in the prevention of acne.
- The magnesium contained in the juice can also help to ease muscle tension, stress and anxiety.
- Beetroot juice lowers blood pressure within an hour of consuming it which helps to prevent heart attack, stroke and other cardiovascular problems.
- Beetroot juice is one of the richest dietary sources of antioxidants and naturally occurring nitrates.
It improves blood flow throughout the body – including the brain, heart, and muscles.
- Raw beet greens contain two carotenoids: lutein and zeaxanthin. Science reports them to be extremely beneficial for the eye.
- The top greens are an excellent source of carotenoids, flavonoid anti-oxidants, and vitamin A.
Note: Beets can be so detoxifying that if you are in a toxic condition you may experience headaches and fatigue. Don’t worry; this is only a sign that toxins are leaving your body.
It is important to consume beets raw. The powerful betalain reduces significantly when cooked.
Recipe, 1 glass (US measurements)
3/4 cup Water
Peel the beetroot and cut off both ends of the beet.
Cut it into chunks and put it in a high speed blender together with the water.
Puree until smooth.
Place a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl and pour the juice over. Use a rubber spatula to press the pulp down and squeeze all of the juice out.
Discard pulp and pour the juice in the blender. Add the orange.
Mix until smooth.
Pour the juice into a glass and drink immediately.
To good health!
Thank you for visiting my site!
I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this recipe.
Leave me a comment down below or take a second to share it with a friend. All comments are greatly appreciated.