Delicious Warming Winter Soup
This pretty coconut curried cauliflower soup is my new favorite recipe. It’s a quick and simple recipe that’s flavorful, thick, velvety and loaded with healthy, nutritious good-for-you vegetables and lentils. It takes very little time to pull together. You simply cook down the vegetables and lentils and blend to get a rich creamy texture. Reserve a few pieces of the roasted cauliflower to garnish your soup with and sprinkle of cilantro over the top.
Recipe, 4 servings
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 300 gram carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 onion, diced
- 0.5 cup dried red lentils, rinsed
- 3.2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable bouillon, (amount may vary depending on the brand you are using.)
- 1 14-oz can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Begin by heating oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the cauliflower, carrot, ginger and sauté for a minute or two until golden.
- Add the curry and cook for one more minute.
- Add the the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth.
- Remove from heat and salt as needed.