This is one of my favorite lunches. I love keeping it simple and besides from having to wait for the crust to dehydrate this is as simple as it gets. I usually make lots of crusts and keep them in the freezer. That way I always have a pizza ready when I’m hungry. It’s both delicious and filling at the same time. Serve it with a green smoothie to get a nutritional, satisfying and healthy meal. My favorite smoothie ingredients are baby spinach, frozen banana, frozen peas and mango.
If you wish to have other toppings just go ahead and create any pizza you’d like. These topping are just a suggestion. You could also use the crust as a cracker with nut butter and vegetables or dried figs.
1 cup almond flour
0,5 cups sunflower seeds
3/4 cups sun dried tomatoes
0,5 teaspoons salt
Extra virgin olive oil
- Put the sunflower seeds and sun dried tomatoes in a blender and blend until you get a nice, orange dough. It doesn’t have to be perfectly smooth. It’s nice to have some small bits of the seeds and tomatoes left in the dough. It gives the crus a more chewy texture.
- Add almond flour and salt.
- Use a rolling pin or your hand to make a thin pizza crust. I usually just make one large crust, but it’s also fun to shape it into circles, triangles, hearts or pizza slices, especially if you’re having guests for dinner. Make a square out of the dough and then cut into a your favorite shape with a knife so you get clean edges.
- Place your raw pizza crusts on parchment paper or teflex sheets inside your dehydrator. Dehydrate approximately 10 hours until completely dry. Halfway through dehydrating your raw pizza crusts you should remove the parchment/teflex and flip the pie crusts over so that the air can circulate better.
- Once your raw pizza crusts are done store them in a big ziploc bag and place in the freezer. That way you have raw pizza crusts ready to be thawed and used whenever.
- Slice the avocado thinly and spread it over the surface of the crust.
- Add cherry tomatoes, thin slices of mozzarella, and arugula.
- Mix the pesto with some olive oil and pour it over the pizza.