Delicious raw food chocolate cake
I´ve had this recipe for a long time and it’s one of my favorites. It’s called Kärleksmums (Love Yummy if you translate it) and it really is yummy. Try it with or without the chocolat topping. It is nice either way. This is a raw version of the original with only healthy ingredients so you can enjoy one every day if you´d like.
1 cup walnuts (Preferably soaked in water over night. It is optional, but it makes them more nutritious. Read more.)
1 1/4 cups coconut flakes
2-3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
3 Tablespoons coconut milk
1 cup dates
- If you have soaked your walnuts – rinse them and let them dry as much as possible.
- Put everything except 1/4 cup coconut flakes in a high speed blender and mix until it is smooth.
- Stir in the rest of the coconut flakes with a spoon to add a bit of texture.
- Spread the paste evenly on a plate to a big square. Make it as thick as you want it. I prefer it about an inch high or a bit less.
6 Tablespoons melted cocoa butter
3 Tablespoons extra virgine coconut oil
3-4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
2 Tablespoons coconut milk or coconut cream
- Melt the cocoa butter and mix everything together until it is smooth.
- Let it cool down in the until it thickens a bit and spread it evenly over the cake.
- Sprinkle lots of coconut flakes on top and cut it into smaller pieces. It will keep in the fridge for at least two weeks.
Facts about walnuts…
- Walnuts are the No. 1 nut for heart health.
- Walnuts have more antioxidants and better-quality antioxidants other nuts.
- Walnuts can lower cholesterol, reduce the oxidative stress caused by the free radicals, and decrease unhealthy inflammation.
- Just a handful of walnuts can help significantly reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Twenty-eight grams of walnuts (an ounce) have more antioxidants than the sum of what the average person gets from fruits and vegetables.
Thank you for visiting my site!
I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this recipe. Leave me a comment down below or take a second to share it with a friend.
All the comments are greatly appreciated.