Although this is one of the most common raw food recipes I had never tried it until yesterday when I bought my own spiralizer. It is really easy to make. You just put a zucchini (or any other vegetable) in the spiralizer, turn the handle and out comes beautiful spaghetti noodles.
In this recipe I use the spaghetti raw, but you could also fry them for a little while in some oil and some spices to get a warm dish.
To make the pasta more satisfying and add more protein I added some cashew nuts to the pesto.
After I took this picture I added some black olives and that was a great combination.
If you don’t have a spiralizer you could also use a julienne peeler like this one…
Recipe (US measurements)
1/4 cup cashew nuts (Preferably soaked in water over night. It is optional, but it makes them more nutritious. Read more.)
3/4 cup pesto
3/4 cup Rucola (this is optional but it adds a very nice flavor and lots of extra vitamins)
- If you have soaked your cashews – rinse them and put them in a blender
- Mix until it becomes like a smooth butter.
- Add the pesto and rucola and mix again.
- Make the zucchini “pasta” using a spiralizer.
- Put the pasta on a plate together with some rucola.
- Add the pesto, olives and cherry tomatoes.
Serve and enjoy!
Other vegetables you can spiralize
- Sweet potato, yam, other potato
- Butternut squash
Thank you for visiting my site!
I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this recipe. Leave me a comment down below or take a second to share it with a friend.
All comments are greatly appreciated.