Healthy Raw Frozen Watermelon Slush
The perfect slush for hot summer days!
This frozen watermelon slush is so good and it’s super easy to make. Just put your frozen watermelon cubes in a blender and blend until smooth. A great and healthy alternative to soft drinks!
Health benefits of eating watermelon
Watermelon is not only delicious but also very nutritious. This refreshing fruit is soaked with nutrients. Here are some of the health benefits of eating watermelon…
- Watermelon has the highest concentrations of lycopene of any fresh fruit or vegetable
Lycopene is a super antioxidant, stopping free radicals from damaging your cells. It has been shown to significantly reduce the risks of prostate, breast, colon, lung, and endometrial cancer.
- Watermelon is an excellent source of Vitamin-A
Vitamin A is a powerful anti-oxidant which is essential for vision and immunity.
- Watermelon is an excellent source of Vitamin-C
Watermelon contains a lot of vitamin C – 21% of the daily recommended value – that helps your immune system produce antibodies to fight disease.
- Soothes sore muscles
According to a new study in the Journal of Agricultural Food and Chemistry, drinking watermelon juice before a hard workout helped reduce athletes’ heart rate and next-day muscle soreness. That’s because watermelon is rich in an amino acid called L-citrulline, which the body converts to L-arginine, an essential amino acid that helps relax blood vessels and improve circulation.
- Watermelons are very low in calories (just 30 calories per 100 g) and carry minimal fats.
One important component in watermelon that helps with weight loss is a compound called citrulline. This compound metabolizes into the essential amino acid arginine that helps reduce the rate at which the body stores fat and improves cardiovascular functioning, according to a 2007 study published in the Journal of Nutrition.
- Cut the watermelon into small chunks.
- Stick the cubes in the freezer for an hour or so.
- Take out the frozen cubes and put them in a blender.
- Add some water.
- Blend until desired consistency. Add more water if needed.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy immedeately.
If you have leftovers – freeze them into ice cubes!
The watermelon cubes are great for putting into your water or lemonade instead of using ice cubes.
You can also turn this slushie into popsicles!
Thank you for visiting my site!
I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this post.
Leave me a comment down below or take a second to share it with a friend.
All comments are greatly appreciated.