This is one of my favorite salad recipes! It’s crisp, crunchy and fresh with lots of different flavors. For me, for a salad to be good, it has to have a great mix of flavors, textures and different ingredients. I love veggies, but, veggies can be boring if you don’t do something to spice them up a little bit. This easy to make salad recipe is packed full of healthy veggies, nuts and fruits with fresh flavors and a texture that spans from rich and creamy to crisp and crunchy. Enjoy, my friends!
Recipe, 1-2 servings
1/4 cup uncooked beluga lentils
1/2 cup brussel sprouts
A handful of almonds
Sun Dried tomatoes
Feta cheese dip
3 tablespoons feta cheese
1 clove garlic (optional)
A pinch of salt
- Cut the brussel sprouts in half lengthways and cook them in a saucepan of salted boiling water until tender crisp. Refresh under cold water and drain.
- Boil the lentils.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add brussels sprouts and stir until golden.
- Drizzle immediately with the balsamic sauce.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat on the stove top. Add the almonds. Watch them really close and turn them often until they turn brown.
- Put the cooked lentils and brussel sprouts on a plate.
- Add sliced strawberries, apple, almonds, feta cheese, orange, baby spinach, sundried tomatoes, physalis and the feta cheese dip.
Feta cheese dip:
Combine all the ingredient in a blender and blend until smooth.