What is pH balance?
It is a measure of our body’s acidity. The pH scale runs from 0 to 14, with 0 being the most acidic, 14 being the most alkaline, and 7 being neutral. A healthy body has a pH of 7.4.
When the blood has a balanced pH, it will have a positive effect on how every bodily system functions.
Human body pH balance is very important. It will affect how healthy you are and how long you will live. If your body is too acidic, many problems can result including inflammation, digestive problems, allergies and osteoporosis.
How do we become acidic?
- Eating too much processed foods and too little fruits and vegetables
- Tobacco, coffee, tea, and alcohol are extremely acidifying
- Too much or too little physical activity cause acidification
- Eating too much animal protein
- All grains create acidity in the body
- Calcium-rich dairy products create acidity in the body and cause costeoporosis
What happens when my body is acidic?
When we are exposed to acidic substances, the body uses its built-in buffering systems to neutralize them. If there are more and more acids, the body will use any buffering substances which are available in an attempt to keep the pH in the blood stable. Even small changes in blood pH can be extremely harmful.
High degrees of acidity force our bodies to “borrow” minerals from the bones. This can result in osteoporosis.
How do I know if I am acidic?
You can test your own pH simply and inexpensively. All you need are some pH test strips. The pH chart will tell you whether your body is too acidic or too alkaline.
You can find test strips at your local health foods store or pharmacy.
What can I do to help my body alkalinize?
- Most fresh fruits and vegetables are excellent choices
- Smoothies made from green vegetables a green super foods such as chlorella are loaded with alkaline-forming foods
- Eat less meat and dairy
- Regular outdoor activities
- Moderate exercise
- Cut back on breads, pastas, and other grain-based foods
- Reduce stress
Making these changes can quickly improve your health.
Foods that help to neutralize acid
Beans String, Banana speckled, Dandelion greens, Dates, Figs, Prune, Raisins, Swiss Chard, Apricots, Kiwifruit, Cherries, Bananas , Strawberries, Peaches, Oranges, Lemon juice, Pears, Pineapple, Peaches, Apples, Watermelon, Celery, Carrots, Zucchini, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Green peppers, Cucumber,Tomatoes, Eggplant, Lettuce, Green beans, Onions, Mushrooms, Mineral water