A pie crust with the most delicious flavors
1 cup almond fluor
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup soaked sundried tomatoes
1/2 tea spoon salt
1 cup cashews
3/4 cup grated västerbotten cheese or other grated hard cheese with strong flavor
1/2 cup water
3/4 tea spoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup soaked and finely chopped sundried tomatoes
3 cups finely chopped arugula
4 table spoons finely chopped leek or chives
A handful black olives, cherry tomatoes and arugula for garnish
- Process the crust ingredients until a sticky dough is achieved.
- Press the dough firmly into a 9 inch pie dish.
- Put the crust in a dehydrator for approximately 10 hours (or cook the pie in the oven for 15 minutes at 150C.)
- For the filling, put the cashews in a blender and process until it becomes smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl every minute or two. Be patient. This will take some time, depending on the strength and size of your blender. After a couple of minutes the natural oils in the cashew nuts will start to come out of and begin to impart creaminess.
- When the nut butter is creamy and smooth – add the cheese, water and salt. Process until smooth.
- Put chopped walnuts, sundried tomatoes, arugula and leek in a bowl and stir until mixed. Spread the mixture evenly over the bottom of the crust.
- Spread the cheese sauce evenly over the vegetables.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes, black olives and arugula.