I enjoy eating bread and this bread is one of the best ones I’ve made so far. It’s filled with delicious, crisp hazelnuts and soft, sweet figs. I love it! There’s no comparing to any other gluten free breads I’ve ever made. It’s so soft and moist and the flavor reminds me a bit about christmas.
Recipe, 1 bread
3 ounces of crushed flaxseed
3 ounces sesame seeds
2 tablespoons psyllium husk
10 ounces of boiling water
7 ounces Sorghum flour
7 ounces Brown Rice Flour
25 grams of yeast / dry yeast
1/4 cup cornstarch or corn flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon bread spices
7 ounces sour milk (or oat cream)
3 ounces of real maple syrup or honey
3 ounces of roasted hazelnuts
3 ounces of pumpkin seeds
3 ounces shredded figs and dates
- Mix psyllium husk, flax seeds and sesame seeds in a bowl and pour over the boiling water.
- Mix well and allow the mixture to swell for 15 minutes.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl. In case you use dry yeast you should insert it now and mix thoroughly into the flour.
- Add the buttermilk ( If you use conventional yeast crumble it down now).
- Use a dough mixer or whisk with electric mixer until all of the yeast is carefully distributed in the dough.
- Add the maple syrup and finally the nuts and figs / dates. The dough should be sticky but not runny. Are the dough to dry add more sour milk.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Let the dough rise covered with a towel for 80 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C). Bake in the lower part for about 50-60 minutes.
- Let the bread cool completely before cutting into it.
Leave a Reply