How To Make A Delicious Vegetarian Bolognese
I am so excited to share this recipe with you. I´ve tried making vegetarian bolognese many times, but never really succeeded. This time it turned out really great and it´s now one of my family´s favorite meals. This rich and hearty vegetarian bolognese makes a fantastic family meal. Lentils are not usually my daughters favorite food but this bolognese however has been a huge success.
Another plus about this recipe: it will be good the first day, but even better the second day. So make a big batch and enjoy this bolognese over a couple of days.
TIP! Use this vegetarian bolognese and make a delicious lasagna. I use zucchini, mozzarella cheese and my bolognese in different layers. So good!
My favorite gluten free pasta is Doves Farm organic pasta.
2 cups finely chopped mushroom
1 cup finely chopped leek
2 finely grated carrots
14 oz/400g crushed tomatoes
3/4 cup full-fat crème fraîche
1/2 cup rinsed red lentils
1 tea spoon red bell pepper spice
1/2 – 1 tea spoon sambal oelek
3 table spoons Toch of Taste liquid vegetable stock
2 tea spoons salt
a pinch of coarsely ground black pepper
- Put oil in a pan and gently cook the chopped leek and mushroom with red bell pepper spice, salt and pepper until soft, stirring regularly.
- Add the the grated carrots, crushed tomatoes, crème fraîche, sambal oelek, liquid vegetable stock and red lentils.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if it starts to stick.
- Meanwhile, boil some salted water and cook the pasta per the box’s instructions.
- Serve the pasta with a few spoonfuls of bolognese on top. Garnish with Parmesan and serve with a salad.
Thank you for visiting my site!
I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this post.
Leave me a comment down below or take a second to share it with a friend.
All comments are greatly appreciated.