Nut milk is really easy to make at home! It only takes a few minutes.
Nut milk is sweet, mild, easy to digest and gentle on the stomach. If you are lactose intolerant, this is the perfect alternative.
You can use homemade almond milk in smoothies, soups, chia puddings or drink it just as it is. Perhaps with a raw food cookie. Save the almond pulp and use it for for homemade granola, cookies or crackers. You can also freeze it and save it for later.
Recipe, US measurements
1 cup almonds, (Preferably soaked in water over night. It is optional, but it makes them more nutritious. Read more.)
3 cups water
1 tsp vanilla extract extract
1.5 tbsp agave syrup (optional)
- If you have soaked your almonds – drain them from their soaking water.
- Place the almonds and the water in a blender.
- Blend at the highest speed for about 2 minutes.
- Use a nut bag or cheese cloth to strain the nutmixture. Put the nutbag over a large bowl and pour the almond mixture into the strainer. Squeeze to extract as much almond milk as possible. This process may take a few minutes.
- Add vanilla extrakt to the milk and agave syrup if you want a sweeter drink.
The almond milk will keep in the refrigerator for three to four days.
Thank you for visiting my site!
I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this recipe.
Leave me a comment down below or take a second to share it with a friend. All comments are greatly appreciated.